mandag 4. mars 2013

The Thin Leaf - Red Bus


A:
How are you doing, Thin Leaf?

B:
Well, I must admint I`m doing pretty good. I have been down south on a strange, but comfortable bustrip. I even painted a wall.

A:
Strange, Leaf, strange.

B:
Yeah. Strange days. It was a red bus. Ten people inside. Five women. Five men. The driver was a tall man from Canada. Halfway trough the trip he went out to buy some beans, and he never came back.

A:
Never came back, you say?

B:
Yeah, never came back.

A:
Strange.

B:
Strange indeed. But, we got lucky.

A:
You did?

B:
Yeah. One of the passengers happen to be a retired busdriver from somewhere in Egypt, and he got behind the wheel. Drove slowly throught the night. I think his father were an englishman.

A:
Did he have a name?

B:
Yeah, I suppose.

A:
What was his name?

B:
I don´t remember.

A:
Could it have been Richard Henry Greenslide?

B:
As a matter of fact; it could. Yeah, I remember. His name was Richard Henry Greenslide. How did you know?

A:
I don´t know, Leaf, it just kind of got into my brains.

B:
Well, strange I must say.

A:
Yeah, pretty strange indeed.
Thin Leaf?

B:
Yeah?

A:
Are you hungry?

B:
No. I just ate a solid breakfast. Bread, milk, coffee, some beans, an apple, and a cigarette.

A:
Are you thirsty then, Thin Leaf?

B:
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. Water is good. Water is fine. I really would like a glass of water.

A:
You don´t say, Leaf?

B:
I sure do.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar